A D KING FOUNDATION INC. NIGERIA
ABOUT Barrister (Mrs.) Clara Adetuyi
Barrister (mrs.) Clara Adetuyi - Managing Director/CEO; Swift Telephone Network and YOBOC & Co
Barrister (Mrs.) Clara Adetuyi She went for higher learning at the great Yaba College of Technology (OND 1972 – 1974; HND 1978 – 1980) where she graduated in Business Administration. Due to her ambition to further her studies, she got admission into the University of Lagos where read Law (1983 – 1987), graduated and went to the Nigerian Law School Lagos (1988). She was called to Bar over 23 years ago and it is on record that she is the first female lawyer in Agbonelu and Ahaba.
Mrs. Clara Adetuyi has been in private Legal Practice in which she is the Principal Partner of her firm –“C.I. Onyeforo & Co”. Presently, she is the Managing Director/CEO of a lucrative telecommunications company called Swift Telephone Network Ltd and YOBOC & Co. both in Lagos. She married very early to Mr. Kola Adetuyi, a Chartered Accountant by profession from Ondo State and today she is a mother of four graduates of various disciplines including Law. She is blessed with five grandchildren.
A very devoted Christian woman who has a passion for selfless service, it was her desire to serve humanity that made her become a member of an International Service Club called the Y’s Men’s International Club, which is a service arm of the YMCA worldwide and an NGO in Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. She joined the Y’s Menette’s Club of Lagos in 1986 gaining full membership through induction a year later during the 2nd Africa Area Convention held in the University of Lagos. She has since held various positions and received many awards in the Y’s Men’s Club, Y’s Menette’s Club and the YMCA as follows:
- Club Secretary (Y’s Menette’s Club of Lagos) – 1988 – 1990
- Club President (Y’s Menette’s Club of Lagos, 3 times) – 1990 – 1992
- District Secretary (Y’s Men, Nigeria District) – 1990 – 1992
- Resource to 4th Biennial District Conference, Ogere – 1900
- Resource to 5th Biennial District Conference, Unilag – 1992
- District Legal Service Director & Adviser, Y’s Link Club of Lagos
- Member Resuscitation Panel on Yaba Y’s Men’s Club
- District Service Director, Youth Involvement & Activities
- Africa Area Secretary (Y’s Men International, Africa Area) – 1995 – 1997
- Area Service Director (ASD) for Y’s Menette’s – 1996 – 1998
- Assistant Editor, Africa (Y’s Men’s World Magazine) – 1997 – 1999
- Board Appointment to YMCA of Lagos – 1995 – 1997
- Club President (Y’s Men’s Club of Lagos, 2 times) – 1997 – 1999
- ASD (Public Relations) for Africa – 1999 – 2000
- First Female District Governor for Nigeria – 2001 – 2004
- Elmer Crowe International Award as Best District Governor – 2004
- ASD (Endowment Fund) for Africa – 2004 – 2006
- Member, Nigeria YMCA National Executive Committee – 2004
- Regional Director (Y’s Men Int. Africa North West Region) – 2007 – 2009
- Deputy National President, YMCAs of Nigeria – 2009 – 2015
- Africa Area President (Y’s Men Int. Africa Area) & ICM – 2014 – 2016
- Member, Africa Alliance of YMCAs Executive Committee – 2015 – Date
It stands to the credit of Mrs. Clara Adetuyi as the proponent and moving force to the successful inauguration of WURAOLA DAY Celebration, a fund-raising event that generated over N25,000.00 at the initial stages for a Y’s Menette’s project to immortalize the name of Late Y’s Menette Wuraola Delano.
As District Governor for Nigeria District, Y’s Man Clara nurtured the growth of the Young Y’s Men’s Club of University of Ibadan and engineered the Charter of Owerri Y’s Men’s Club in November 2003 which was witnessed by Y’s Man Mike Hayashi, a Brotherhood Fund Delegate from Japan. She also produced and donated Stationary Items including Letterheads, Envelopes etc to Kaduna Club after the unfortunate fire incidence in Kaduna.
Barrister (Mrs.) Clara Iheomagwu Adetuyi is on the Board of Trustees of the Yaba College of Technology; she is a Life Member of the YMCA of Lagos; a member of the National Executive Committee of the YMCAs of Nigeria, once serving as the Deputy National President and a member of the Executive Committee of the Africa Alliance of YMCAs in Nairobi Kenya. She served as Africa Area President and International Council Member of Y’s Men International in Geneva Switzerland.