A D KING FOUNDATION INC. NIGERIA
ABOUT Mr. Iretioluwa Onyide
Mr. Iretioluwa Onyide
Iretioluwa Oniyide is the first child of late Cornelius Olabisi and late Mercy Oladunni Oniyide. He is the grandson of late David and late Alice Olagunju Oniyide of Iga Ekerin in Ilaro, Yewa, and Ogun State Nigeria. Cornelius Olabisi Oniyide was a retired Chief Agricultural Superintendent of Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture and had worked previously with Western Nigeria Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in More Plantation Ibadan.
Ireti attended Okusanya Primary School, Agege and later completed his secondary school education at United Christian Secondary School, Apapa, Lagos. He worked briefly with United Bank for Africa before proceeding to the United States on Rotary International Scholarship. While in the US, he studied at New York University, New York, where he earned a Bsc. Economics and a Bsc. International Business, and a Masters in Business Administration from Adelphi University, Garden City New York, and Graduate Banking Diploma in Finance from University of Wisconsin, Madison and Bank Administration Institute.
Ireti has professional experience abroad as well as in Nigeria:
- He was Product Specialist with Control Data Corporation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Bank Examiner Intern and later a Senior Bank Examiner with the State of New York Department of Banking, USA
- Chief Compliance Officer and Vice President Quality Assurance with Dime Savings Bank of New York, USA.
- Vice President, Quality Assurance and Compliance with GE Capital, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA.
- Senior Vice President for Risk Management for California Federal Bank, Frederick, Maryland, USA.
- Chief Operating Officer for Bayotech Pharmaceuticals Nigeria Limited, an Independent Consultant, Nigeria.
- Vice President for Collateral Risk Management with Wells Fargo Bank, Corporate Trust, Colombia, Maryland, USA.
- Member Board of Management University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
- Chairman Board of Management University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
- Executive Director Nigeria, Belstar Capital Limited, Washington, DC, USA
SPECIFIC AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Seasoned Senior Administrator both public and private
- Extensive cross industry, functional leader and senior management executive.
- Extensive experience in dealing with board of corporations and board committees.
- Excellent understanding and experience in dealing with culturally diverse workforce.
- Excellent understanding of the cultural and environmental issues in developing countries
- Superior ability to develop powerful collaboration with outside regulatory entities and stakeholders.
- Excellent network within the Nigerian environment, West Africa and Africa at large, United Kingdom and United States
- Strong manager of processes, people, and policies.
- Very good understanding of the health and allied industry/participants in Nigeria.
- Extensive experience as a leader and senior management professional in charge of enterprises wide risk management, regulatory banking, bank performance analysis, credit and loan quality assurance/ control. Recent high level consulting experience in financial institutions Development
- Risk management professional with experience in risk (financial, operational, legal/regulatory assets and liabilities) assessment and monitoring process, audit management and administration to ensure adequate controls and monitoring processes are in place.
- Due diligence management professional, particularly financial institution acquisitions due diligence.
- Expert in the management of internal/ external audits, and routine examinations processes by regulators.
- Six Sigma Certification – Green Belt- General Electric Six Sigma processes
- Proven experience in safety and soundness examination management of various financial institutions.
- Excellent experience in the management of credit quality assurance / control and compliance functions, dealing with internal and external examiners, interpreting and applying federal and state lending laws and regulations governing banks and other financial institutions.
- Extensive experience with banking and financial products, lending processes. Policies and procedures, managing the development of residential loan documentation (prime and sub-prime loans), monitoring compliance with regulations.
- Extensive International experience
- Extensive International Project Management Experience and International Investment Banking
- Have arranged financing for various projects including but not limited to: Power Projects, Tomatoes Puree Plant, Beef Value Chain, Oil and Gas infrastructure and Large Poultry Projects
- Was a Volunteer Consultant (ACDI/VOCA – Washington D.C.) – Assigned to Moscow – Lecturer and Curriculum Developer at International Finance and Banking School of Moscow, Working with Russian Bankers (post communism) in Moscow, Kiev and St. Petersburg in 1994.
- Was a member of the National Affordable Housing Advisory Council of Federal National Mortgage Agency (FNMA), Washington DC, USA
Ireti has a passion for economic development, agricultural development, industrial development, education and capacity development, environmental conservation and functional land use that is aligned with sound economic development.
Ireti is a card carrying and an active member of All Progressive Congress (APC)
Ireti is a community development expert and a philanthropist. He has implemented several programs in his community.