A D KING FOUNDATION INC. NIGERIA
ABOUT Otuba Deji Osinowo Adeleye
Otuba Deji Osinowo Adeleye
I am a confident, articulate and multi-faceted Politician who is well-respected by the electorate in my country and beyond. Being heard and making a difference; those are the reasons I wanted to get into politics since I was a teenager in high school. My passion for social justice, making a tangible difference in the community and resolving people’s problems. Highly organized and self-motivated Government worker with 10 years of progressive experience in municipal planning/community development primarily in city government complemented with expertise knowledge in environmental planning regulations & resources and modern practices & principles of city/urban planning. Profound knowledge in collecting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting environmental, zoning and other city planning data through effective field investigations, surveys and research skills. Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the government, staff, and residents while efficiently negotiating with government officials, financial institutions and community organizations. Able to effectively develop relationships with municipalities, community stakeholders, regulatory bodies, commissions, local governments, contractors, property owners, fellow workers and the general public.
Areas of Expertise
Non-profit, Excellent impersonal skills, Crisis intervention, Compassionate and active listener, Problem solving, Leadership/ Communication, Experience with diverse populations, Multi-tasking, Critical thinker, Client Relations
Osun State Government, Osun, Nigeria Jan 2014 – Dec 2018
SA to the Governor
- Secures the organization and its people by maintaining an intelligence network; designing and implementing policies and strategies of organization security (including internal investigations); safeguarding executives, Board of Directors, and their immediate families from random or premeditated threats; preventing workplace violence; implementing and securing technological protection systems, proprietary information protection, and computer security; providing crisis management; maintaining environmental health and safety.
- Determines executive protection requirements by gathering and reviewing pre-planning travel intelligence information; issuing travel advisories; modifying travel itineraries; making travel security arrangements, including guards, secure accommodations, and security-equipped transportation.
- Develops new security programs by strategically reviewing existing security programs; conducting comprehensive studies of present and anticipated threats; evaluating, analyzing, and continuously reviewing collection activity results on potential threats against the organization.
- Provides protection of organization assets, capital assets, and proprietary assets by providing consulting support; building consensus on the appropriateness and timeliness of physical and electronic monitoring improvements or enhancements; developing and implementing changes.
- Provides crisis management team and disaster management team leadership by providing state-of-the art expertise; collecting, analyzing, and summarizing intelligence data and trends; developing cutting-edge strategies.
- Maintains protection systems by developing and refining philosophy and design standards relating to protection systems (burglar, fire, and duress alarms and video coverage); re-defining procedures (international and domestic travel, kidnap, ransom, event security); examining organization security emergency response systems; reviewing building design (construction, modifications, walls, fences, and landscape); making recommendations for physical plant security improvements.
- Provides information by reviewing, developing, and continually refining security operation’s operational manuals and procedures; briefing executives and managers on security-related issues
Osun State Government, Osun, Nigeria Jan 2012 – Dec 2014
Executive Secretary Odo-otin LG
- Coordinated free surgeries for citizens all over the country and AD King Foundation assisted the local government with medical equipment
- Led the growth and management of effective working relationships with key public officials at local government levels.
- Coordinated and nurtured effective multi-organizational and inter-departmental meetings on priority issues and campaigns.
- Implemented strategic policy agenda items and executed achievable goals based on performance measures set forth by the local government
- Directing the local government Public Works operation which involves managing all phases of public works, including storm sewers, fleet maintenance, public municipal facilities and road maintenance.
- Researching and executing improvements to the operation of the departments, formulation of policies, and coordination of activities in accordance with general policies established by the odo-otin Local government n.
- Preparing the department budgets, controls expenditures and approves all requisitions; advised the Town Manager of all Public Works activities and problems.
- Overseeing the budgeting, maintenance, operation, planning, engineering and construction activities designed to provide quality water, wastewater and storm drainage services to the city.
- Planning and prioritizing the Public Works maintenance and construction programs including evaluating the operational challenges and preparing tenders and contracts for various Public Works activities.
- Built and designed a digital media plan to integrate communications, public relations, event planning, policy discussion and community building events within the city.
- Worked closely with Commissioners and Governor to ensure that key matters of interest were effectively and accurately transmitted to internal and external stakeholders
Daniels Security Systems, Lagos, Nigeria Feb 2000 – Till Date
Board of Director
- Implemented a safety program, trainings and initiatives to include tracking and trending of workers compensation cases; reducing work related injuries by 15% on a yearly basis.
- Prepared and reported quarterly benchmarks and property loss reports.
- Tracked, investigated and reported all general liability cases.
- Developed and implemented a strong internal and external apprehension program designed to increase productivity and recoveries from theft.
- Maintained a strong physical security program to protect company’s assets through the regular inspection of store alarms, surveillance equipment, LP systems and other related tools/equipment.
- Ensured that floor Merchandise Protection standards were maintained.
- Developed metrics measuring the security program and presented model that achieved 25th percentile benchmarking target.
Osun State Government, Osun, Nigeria Feb 1980 – Nov 1999
PA to Major Gen Leo Segun Ajiborisha
- Support the CEO to manage workload and activities
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments
- Assist CEO in planning of yearly master calendar
- Propose and organize workspace planning
- Responsible for filling, maintaining and retrieving of documents and records, reports and reference materials
- Assist in the preparation of meeting agendas, talking points, presentation materials etc., in advance of meetings or events
- Provide proactive executive level support to minimize President’s time spent on administrative issues
- Seek ways to ensure effective information management including review of material, prioritization, filing and retrieval
- Provide proactive executive level support to minimize CEO’s time spent on administrative issues
- Work with other admin team members to cover the reception desk during lunch breaks and when the receptionist is out
- Process expenses reports, whereabouts reports, invoices and suppliers. Assist on approvals procedures, including for resource requests
Obafemi Awolowo University; Osun State, Nigeria | Masters of Public Administration, In Progress
- Focus: Public Administration
Lagos State University; Lagos State, Nigeria | Bachelor of Science, September 2008
- Focus: Public Administration
Lagos State University; Lagos State, Nigeria | Dipolar in Public Administration, May 2002
- Major: Public Administration
Muslim Council College; Kwara State, Nigeria | May/June 1978
Member Public Administration Student LASU | May 2008
Society for Human Resource Management
Health Information and Management System Society